According to the PitchBook Platform, 75 private equity and venture capital firms have invested in companies associated with the Robotics industry since the beginning of 2008. Together, buyouts and add-ons account for 11% of the deal activity, while VC and seed financings comprise the remaining 89%. Overall, early stage venture capital deals claim the biggest share of deal flow (45%), but later stage deals have overtaken their earlier counterparts in the last two years, with about 55% of the deals last year and 57% so far this year. With the addition of Prioria, a combined total of $54.73 million in later stage venture funding has funded Robotics companies in 2012—Rethink Robotics, Aethon and Neato Robotics are others that have snagged a slice of this 2012 funding.
*2012 to date
PitchBook Platform users can click on the chart above or here to customize it.