AXA Takes Majority Control of Italian Holding Company
July 15, 2013
European firm AXA Private Equity has agreed to acquire a 40% stake in Holding di Investimenti in Sanità e Infrastrutture (HISI) from UniCredit. AXA already owns a 40% stake in the company, and will own an 80% share upon closing. Techint Group is buying the remaining 20% in the company from UniCredit, which is exiting its stake altogether. HISI is an Italian holding company that mostly invests in concessions for infrastructure, particularly in the healthcare sector.