Bain Capital has agreed to sell 49.9% of its stake in Bellsystem24, a Japanese contact center with approximately 20,000 operators, to Itochu (TSE: 8001). Itochu is reportedly paying ¥30 billion ($294 million) for some shares and an option to purchase the rest of the stake. Bain will retain a 50.1% stake, having acquired 100% of the company from Citigroup for ¥93.5 billion ($916 million) in 2009. Later, Bain completed an ¥87.5 billion ($857 million) recapitalization of the company in 2011. Bain reportedly plans to divest shares from investments stemming from its first Asian fund, which closed at $1 billion in 2007, and seek targets for its $2.3 billion successor vehicle. Founded in 1982, Bellsystem24 has 22 call centers across Japan.