Since the beginning of 2011, private equity investors have sold or taken public 131 U.S. companies primarily involved in the Healthcare industry, according to the PitchBook Platform. The majority of those exits (60%) were sales to strategic buyers, otherwise known as corporate acquisitions. However, secondary buyouts saw a hefty increase in their share of the yearly exit flow from 2011 to 2012, climbing from 32% of the Healthcare exit activity in 2011 to 43% for last year. Corporate acquisitions comprised the remaining 57% of 2012's 65 exits.
PitchBook Platform users can click on the chart above or here to customize it.