OMERS Ends 2011 with Net Assets at an All-Time High
February 27, 2012
Canadian pension plan OMERS closed out 2011 with CAD55.1 billion in net assets, which represented an all-time high and an almost CAD12 billion increase since the 2008 global credit crisis. The plan generated an investment return of 3.17% in 2011 with its private market portfolio generating a return of 8.20%. 42% of the plan's assets were in the private market at the end of 2011. The other 58% was in the public markets. OMERS has a long-term goal of achieving an asset mix of about 47% private and 53% public market investments.