Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan has agreed to acquire 70% of three Australian telecommunications companies from Leighton, including Nextgen Networks, Metronode and Infoplex. The acquisition values the businesses at AUD885 million ($921.6 million). Leighton will retain the remaining 30% interest in the companies. Nextgen, based in Melbourne, manages high-speed, carrier-grade fiber network services; Metronode, based in Saint Leonards, provides data center and related value-added services; and Infoplex, also based in Saint Leonards, provides cloud and ICT services. The entities will be brought together under a new ownership structure following completion of the deal, and will remain headquartered in Australia. The acquisition is expected to close in mid-2013.