PitchBook has published its 1H 2014 Middle Market Report. Sponsored by PwC and co-sponsored by Madison Capital Funding, the report offers in-depth analysis on PE buyouts falling in the $25 million to $1 billion range. With a special focus on 2H 2013, this report looks at deal flow, investments, exits and fundraising over the course of the last decade, providing insight to the overall climate of the industry, as well as data-based predictions for the future of middle-market activity.
Included in this report:
• Middle-market deal flow slides 11% in 2013
• Purchase price multiples climb to decade high 10.5x
• Median debt percentage for deals rises to 61.5%
• Fundraising climate continues to improve
• 1H 2014 Middle Market League Tables