Since we haven't run a recap in a little while, here are highlights of our PE coverage over the couple weeks:
• The Canadian private investment scene continues to thrive, according to our 2H Canada Breakdown Report. If 4Q maintains its flow of private equity deal value, 2015 could reach C$50 billion in overall capital invested, which would match last year's record total. For insight into this trend and much more, plus a Q&A with Stikeman Elliott's Mario Nigro: click here to get free access the report.
• U.S.-to-Europe deal activity has been on the rise the past several years, with PE and M&A transactions drawing huge sums of capital as of late. Click here to see the trends for yourself.
• Following the massive $4.6 billion Petco announcement, we took a look at PE investment in the U.S. retail sector, where investors appear to have cooled their interest in recent years. Check out the top investors in the industry here.
• Want to know what's going on in the U.S. middle market? We've got the highlights packaged in a 90-second recap: click here.
• Meghan Neenan of Fitch Ratings took some time to chat with us about the private equity industry's hoard of uncalled capital, market dislocations, current valuations and more. Read the full Q&A here.