Here are highlights from our PE content this week:
• There appears to be a new breed of NBA owners: Men who made their fortunes in private equity becoming the public faces of their basketball franchises. Seven NBA teams are majority owned by men with PE backgrounds: click here to read more about these "barbarians at the ticket gate."
• U.S. PE fundraisers began to slow down in 2015 as it relates to time between funds. Read more here about the factors driving this trend and what it means for the future.
• Is PE at the precipice of elevated activity in the distressed energy sector? Firms raised nearly $34 billion for oil & gas funds last year, and new deals continue to populate the headlines. Check out some of the newest and biggest funds in the space.
• TPG is nearing the close of a new $10 billion fund. Want to see its past fund performance and some of the largest open vehicles in the market? Click here.
• Armed with data from the PitchBook Platform, RSM US has released its Q1 2016 Industry Spotlights on B2B, B2C, healthcare and IT. For a view of what drove M&A and PE activity last year, along with an outlook to 2016, download the reports from our library.