It was a busy Thursday for private equity firms in the B2B building products sector. The major news was CVC Capital Partners completing its previously announced acquisition of Corialis, a European aluminum manufacturer, from Advent International at an enterprise value of about €1 billion. But Opus Equity Partners got in on the action too, backing the merger of Simplex Supplies and JC Supply and Manufacturing, providers of supplies for paving contractors.
Perhaps the deals will prove a boon to an industry that experienced a 22% YoY global decline in PE investor activity during 2016, according to the PitchBook Platform, with the number of new investments in the space falling from 134 to 104. That figure doubles the 11% downturn in overall PE activity last year, per PitchBook data, and marks a return to 2013 levels, the year before investment in the space jumped 33%.
Which investors spurred that rise? Here are the busiest private equity investors in the B2B building products industry since the start of 2011: