Kohlberg Kravis Roberts is selling its 51% stake in music company BMG Rights Management to Bertelsmann, which owns the remaining 49% stake in the company. The transaction is expected to close during the first half of this year. BMG administers the rights to more than one million songs, with an artist roster that includes Johnny Cash, Duran Duran, Muddy Waters, Billy Idol and Foo Fighters. KKR and Bertelsmann partnered to create BMG as a joint venture in July 2009. Bertelsmann will continue to develop the company as a wholly owned subsidiary.