Global private equity and venture capital performance improved in 2Q 2013 over the previous quarter, as distributions from both PE and VC funds to limited partners led to higher multiples across most vintages, according to PitchBook's newly released 1Q 2014 Global PE & VC Benchmarking & Fund Performance Report. Powered by data from the PitchBook Platform and sponsored by R.R. Donnelley, this report examines more than a decade of global PE and VC fund performance. To provide the most comprehensive picture possible, several metrics are featured in this report, including IRRs, fund return multiples, fund cash flows and PitchBook's KS PME benchmarks.
Inside this report:
• PitchBook's KS PME benchmarks
• IRR quartiles for PE, VC, debt and funds-of-funds
• Horizon IRRs for PE and VC
• Return multiples for PE and VC
• Fund cash flows for PE and VC
• An analysis of energy funds using PitchBook's KS PME benchmarks