United Internet, Springer to combine affiliate marketing arms
August 03, 2017
Media and Information Services | Munich, Germany | Corporate Acquisition
United Internet and European media powerhouse Axel Springer have announced plans to merge their companies affilinet and AWIN to create a joint affiliate network business. Under the deal, United will own 20% in the combined company, while Springer will acquire AWIN shares currently held by Swisscom to control the other 80%. The combining units had joint revenues of more than €700 million in 2016, and operations in around 180 countries.