Our 4Q 2015 M&A Report takes a look into aggregate M&A activity across North America and Europe, spotlighting a few key industries and analyzing sponsor-backed trends. As it turns out, total M&A value is on track for an all-time record, spurred by massive numbers in the B2C and healthcare sectors. The video above highlights these trends, focusing on the report's key takeaways, which you can also read below:
- 3Q saw $437 billion in completed M&A transaction value spread across 4,494 deals, the lowest we’ve seen in 2015, though this year will still likely see an all-time record amount for M&A value.
- PE-to-strategic sales continue to represent the majority of sponsor-backed exits; 277 such deals were completed last quarter, the most we’ve ever seen.
- Add-ons accounted for 58% of all PE-backed M&A activity in 3Q, the highest percentage we’ve recorded.
- The B2C sector drove overall value last quarter, with $131 billion invested in the space.
- Not far behind was the healthcare industry, with over $100 billion in capital invested—the sector's second-highest total since at least 2010.
Catch up on all the latest trends in M&A activity across North America and Europe; click here to download the full report for free.