PitchBook has released its 2012 Private Equity ESG Survey. Drawing on information from more than 50 GP and LP respondents, the ESG Survey serves as a lens into how PE professionals are addressing various ESG issues at both the firm and portfolio company levels. The report reveals what is driving the push towards ESG initiatives, identifies a set of best practices, and offers a host of resources for investors looking to bolster their ESG program.
Some of the questions from the survey include:
- Do you plan to increase your attention to ESG issues in the future?
- What factors drive your ESG efforts?
- What is the biggest challenge for ESG programs and initiatives?
- How important are ESG issues when drafting limited partnership agreements?
- Why do ESG issues matter in your investment decisions?
- What areas are you most concerned about when it comes to ESG?
- Does a GP with no ESG program but top quartile performance or a GP with a strong ESG program and slightly lower performance get your commitment?