PitchBook has released its 4Q 2013 Venture Capital Valuations & Trends Report, which offers insight into a decade of VC valuations, financings and series terms. Powered by the PitchBook Platform, this report offers data-driven analysis on the venture capital space, particularly in valuations, series terms, deal flow and fundraising.
Findings from the report include:
• Median valuations for VC-backed companies are at decade highs.
• VC investment holds steady from 2Q to 3Q.
• 60 VC-backed companies have gone public through the first three quarters of 2013.
• 500 Startups, Andreessen Horowitz and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers lead the way in league tables.
Inside this report:
• VC deal flow overview
• Median valuation by series, industry, year and quarter
• A look at up rounds vs. down rounds and flat rounds
• Details on % acquired, anti-dilution provisions, liquidation preferences and dividends
• Exits and fundraising overviews
Available for download:PDF reportExcel spreadsheetPowerPoint deck