Our Private Equity Outlook forecasts trends that will shape the PE industry in 2020 and reviews predictions from 2019.
- PE fundraising will fall below 2019 totals.
- We will see another acquisition of a major alternative asset manager.
- GPs will increasingly hold some of their top-performing assets longer.
- The big four public GPs will expand their strategy offerings at twice the rate of comparable GPs.
- Sovereign wealth funds and pension plans will become more sophisticated investors, increasing control over investments.
- VC-to-PE buyouts will continue to proliferate.
- There will be continued expansion in growth equity deals.