Travelport Worldwide

Travelport Worldwide Overview

Founded 1971
Founded
Status Private
Employees 3,700
Employees
Latest Deal Type Debt
Financing Rounds 18
Investments 19

Travelport Worldwide General Information

Description

Travelport is a global distribution system operator. Travel suppliers place content on the GDS platform, which is then used by traditional travel agents, travel management, and online travel agencies to book travel. Travelport, Sabre, and Amadeus combine for 98% share of the GDS market. International markets made up 74% of revenue in 2018 with U.S. markets representing the other 26%. Transaction fees, which are tied to volume and not price, account for the bulk of revenue and profits.

Contact Information

Formerly Known As
Cendant Travel Distribution Services
Ownership Status
Privately Held (backing)
Financing Status
Private Equity-Backed
Primary Industry
Application Software
Other Industries
Other Software
Business/Productivity Software
Primary Office
  • Axis One, Axis Park
  • 10 Hurricane Way
  • Langley SL3 8AG
  • England, United Kingdom
+44 01753 000000

Travelport Worldwide Timeline

2017201820192020
Financing RoundCaptured Employee CountEstimated Employee Growth
Want detailed data on 2M+ companies?

What you see here scratches the surface

Request a free trial
Want to dig into this profile?

We’ll help you find what you need

Learn more

Travelport Worldwide Valuation & Funding

Deal Type Date Amount Valuation/
EBITDA
Post-Val Status Debt

This information is available in the PitchBook Platform. To explore Travelport Worldwide‘s full profile, request access.

Request a free trial

Travelport Worldwide Competitors (9)

Company Name Financing Status Location Employees Total Raised Last Financing Date/Type Last Financing
Amount
RateGain Technology Private Equity-Backed Noida, India 000 000.00 000000000 000.00
0000000 00 00000 Corporate Backed or Acquired Madrid, Spain 00000 00.000 00000000000
00000 00000000000 Formerly PE-Backed Southlake, TX 0000 0000 00000000000 0000
000000000 00000000 Corporation Beijing, China 0000
0000000 Venture Capital-Backed Bengaluru, India 00 000 0000000000 0 000

Travelport Worldwide Executive Team (50)

Name Title Board Seat Contact Info
Greg Webb Chief Executive Officer & Board Member
Nicholas Bray Chief Financial Officer
Fiona Shanley Chief Customer & Marketing Officer
Simon Gros Chief Development Officer
Phil Donnelly Chief People Officer

41 Former Executives

Travelport Worldwide Board Members (20)

To view Travelport Worldwide‘s full board member team, request access »
Name Representing Role Since
00000 00000 Travelport Worldwide Board Member 000 0000
0000 0000 Travelport Worldwide Chief Executive Officer & Board Member 000 0000
0000000 000000 Travelport Worldwide Board Member 000 0000
0000 00000 Self Board Member 000 0000
0000 00000000 Self Executive Chairman 000 0000

15 Former Board Members

Travelport Worldwide Investors

Investor Name Investor Type Holding Investor Since Participating Rounds Contact Info

This information is available in the PitchBook Platform. To explore Travelport Worldwide‘s full profile, request access.

Request a free trial

Travelport Worldwide Investments & Acquisitions (19)

To view Travelport Worldwide‘s complete investment and acquisition history, request access »
Company Name Deal Date Deal Type Deal Size Industry Lead Partner
000000 00000000000 25-Oct-2017 000000000000000000 Business/Productivity Software
000000000000 01-Oct-2015 000000000000000000 Application Software 000000 000000
000000 000000 0000 07-Jul-2015 000000000000000000 000.00 Business/Productivity Software 000000 000000
000000-00 08-Jan-2015 000000000000000000 Leisure Facilities 000000 000000
eNett International 17-Nov-2014 Secondary Transaction - Private 0000 Other Financial Services 000000 000000

Travelport Worldwide Subsidiaries (5)

Company Name Industry Location Founded
eNett International Other Financial Services Melbourne, Australia 2009
000000-00 Leisure Facilities Mülheim, Germany 0000
0000000 & 00000000 Corporate Pension Atlanta, GA 0000
00000000 000000000 Other Commercial Services Richmond, United Kingdom 0000
000 000000 00000 & Other Services (B2C Non-Financial) Bangalore, India

Travelport Worldwide Exits (3)

Company Name Exit Date Exit Type Exit Size Status Buyers
000000 000000000 28-Jan-2010 0000 0000000000 Completed
  • 3 buyers
000000000 000000 0 01-Apr-2005 000000000000000000 00.00 Completed
  • 0000000000 0000000
IGT Solutions (acquired) Joint Venture Completed
  • 2 buyers